Today, the OPC website will be unavailable beginning at 0700 EDT/1100 UTC for approximately 30 min. Please refresh your browser or navigate to https://ocean.weather.gov after the maintenance window to see the upgraded version of OPC's website.
This is a non-operational test website. For official OPC information and forecasts, please refer to the operational OPC website: https://ocean.weather.gov.
Other Marine Weather Links
Table of Contents
- Buoy Observations / Maintenance Status / Outages
- Data Sources: Decoded Ship Observations / Satellite Derived Wind/Sounding Data
- Hurricane and Typhoon Information
- Ice analysis & forecast
- Nautical Charts
- National Weather Service Marine Weather Forecast Information
- NCEP Marine Forecast Guidance
- Sea Surface Temperatures (SST) & Ocean Features
- World-Wide Weather Maps/European Weather
- World-Wide Surface Analysis and Meteorological Charts
Data Sources: Decoded Ship & Buoy Observations / Satellite Derived Wind/Sounding Data
- Remotely Sensed Ocean Surface Winds
- Satellite Derived Ocean Surface Winds Home Page
- GOES-8/9 Atmospheric Soundings
- NOAA's nowCOAST - A web plotting tool for surface observations.
Buoy Observations / Maintenance Status / Outages
- NOAA National Data Buoy Center (NDBC) Home Page - Information on elevations of buoys, status of maintenance, graphs of different meteorological variables such as wind speeds, SST, and wave heights.
Hurricane and Typhoon Information
- National Hurricane Center - issues watches, warnings, forecasts, and analyses of hazardous conditions in the tropics for the Atlantic Ocean and Eastern Pacific E of 140W.
- Central Pacific Hurricane Center - issues watches, warnings, forecasts, and analyses of hazardous conditions in the tropics for the Atlantic Ocean and Eastern Pacific W of 140W to the dateline.
- Joint Typhoon Warning Center Products - issues warnings on Tropical Systems for areas in the Western Pacific W of the dateline.
Ice Analysis & Forecasts
NCEP Marine Analysis & Forecast Guidance
- NOAA Wave Watch III Model
- Sea Ice Analysis Home page
- Statistical Fog and Visibility Model Output
- Superstructure Ice Accretion Guidance
National Weather Service Marine Weather Products
- National Weather Service Data and Products maintained by NWS headquarters which has all available NWS marine products.
- Mariners' Weather Log Magazine - A publication of the National Weather Service (NWS), contains articles, news and information about marine weather events and phenomena, storms at sea, weather forecasting, the NWS Voluntary Observing Ship (VOS) Program, Port Meteorological Officers (PMOs), cooperating ships officers, and their vessels.
- NWS Voluntary Observing Ship Program
- NWS Marine Product Dissemination Information
- National Weather Service Welcome Page
- National Weather Service Home pages - links to regional forecast offices.
Sea Surface Temperatures (SST) & Ocean Features
- Naval Oceanographic Office Products Page
- Gulf Stream [N. Atlantic Composite] (Black & White)
- Gulf Stream [Gulf of Mexico/Lower N. Atlantic Composite] (Black & White)
- Gulf Stream [N. Atlantic Composite] (Color)
- Gulf Stream [Gulf of Mexico/Lower N. Atlantic Composite] (Color)
- NESDIS Sea Surface Temperature Charts
- Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services (CO-OPS) Homepage - Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services (CO-OPS) collects, analyzes and distributes historical and real-time observations and predictions of water levels, coastal currents and other meteorological and oceanographic data.
- Extratropical Storm Surge manual and observed data.
- Make a Tide Prediction
- Tides Online
World-Wide Weather Maps/European Weather
- Miscellaneous weather facsimile charts - Marine charts from the regional area forecast center at Bracknell, UK. Also, other miscellaneous weather charts from other international forecast centers around the world.
World-Wide Surface Analysis and Meteorological Charts
- Northern Hemisphere